Hot Water Recirculation Systems in St. Louis and Surrounding Area
If you want to be as energy efficient as possible and live by the mantra of “waste not, want not,” you’re the exact type of homeowner who would benefit from a hot water recirculation system. These systems keep hot water right at your faucet, so you don’t waste energy and water while you purge the line of cold tap water.
- Ensuring excellent home comfort in St. Louis and the surrounding area since 1991
- Experienced, knowledgeable, and licensed technicians
- Quality services at affordable prices
Our experienced professionals are ready to help you with your hot water recirculation system installation and maintenance. These can help you save thousands of gallons of water every year, putting money in your pocket and keeping environmental impact to a minimum.
Call today to put the power of Performance Plumbing to work for you.
Types of Hot Water Recirculation System
Hot water recirculation systems come in two basic types:
- Dedicated Loop. These systems have a hot water pipe connected to the hot water heater, traveling to the various fixtures in your home, with a short length of pipe running to each one. Hot water circulates through it at all times, shortening the distance it needs to travel.
- Integrated Loop. This entails a pump placed at the fixture which is the farthest from the water heater. The pump turns on whenever the water drops below 85 degrees, ensuring that hot water is always close. It’s most often used when retrofitting existing water heaters.
The benefits of a hot water recirculation system mainly come in lack of waste. You don’t have to run the faucet or other outlet water for the cold water to turn hot, which can end up cutting down on gallons and gallons of wasted use. But there’s a lot more to it than that. On an immediate level, it means you won’t have to wait for hot water, which increases the convenience of your St. Louis and surrounding areas plumbing system and ensures that you can get on with your cooking or cleaning task quickly.
On a larger scale, it helps the municipal water system too. The Department of Energy estimates that a huge amount of energy is lost every year by treating water that ultimately gets wasted by households pouring it down the drain. Using hot water recirculation systems cuts down on those costs, helping reduce the price of water for everyone and doing your part to help the environment.
We’re Here to Help
The best way to realize the benefits of a hot water recirculation system is to utilize an expert in such systems instead of relying on an untrained plumbing service and hoping they can transpose their knowledge the right way. We specialize in such systems here, and our trained team has the skills and experience to install, maintain and repair them with confidence and skill.
If you’d like to save money on your water bills while doing your part to cut down on waste, maybe one of these systems is right for you. Contact our friendly staff today to set up a consultation. We’ll go over your options with you and answer any questions you might have!